Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service appertains to stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are different categories of hosting services used for various goals, so let's have a gaze at these. In that way, you can pick what you need, based on whether you'd like to establish a site, email aliases, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by particular file storage providers, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web space hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a large amount of images with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some suppliers offer website hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to possess as many videos as you want to without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to have a website. To some extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At ThreeSixty hosting, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content solely.